Service opportunities are always available in the Ladies Guild. If you are interested in a cause that is currently not supported by the Guild, please email us. The Ladies Guild assists families in living a Christian life and fills parish and community needs. This may vary from year to year, as fundraising needs will arise for various parish ministries we help serve. We also aid in home and foreign missions that support social justice and other various needs.
The Ladies Guild offers volunteer service opportunities for women in the parish to serve under the “Our Lady’s Volunteers Committee” which aids in the development of Christian neighborliness. Our Lady’s Volunteers are encouraged to aid the sick and bereaved families in St. Linus Parish. This committee will send Mass cards to the sick and deceased members of the Guild and their immediate families living in the same home. This committee also sends birth congratulations to our members. Our Lady’s Volunteers will also coordinate the wake service and form an Honor Guard at the funeral of a Guild member. We are always in need of service volunteers.
We also offer many service opportunities for members to volunteer their time and talent to chair social events and fundraising events that benefit both our parish and school. If you’d like to help the Ladies Guild support a cause, or would like to help host an event as a committee volunteer, please join us. We have many committees that offer service opportunities for members, and many events throughout the year that appeal to women of all ages and interests.
Possible Service Opportunities Include:
- Wake Committee
- Bylaws Committee (reviews, updates, and presents Bylaws to Board of Directors and active members for ratification.)
- Nominating Committee (Nominates future board members and our Woman of the the Year candidate to be honored by our Parish at the Annual ACCW Luncheon in Chicago.)
- Monthly Love Letters Campaign (Handwriting love letters to the sick and home bound in our parish, or donating stamps and cards for the volunteers writing the letters.)
- Fundraising Committee Hosting and Planning Events
- Decorations/ Hostessing / Welcome Events Volunteers
- School Hot Lunch Program Volunteers
- Bake Sales (Bakers and Bake Sale Management Volunteers for our after Mass sales held 4 times annually.)
- Fall Luncheon Committee
- Living Rosary Night
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Family Luncheon
- Comedy Night